ETCP Training Program Recognition recognizes courses that meet specific criteria that the Certificant may count towards certification renewal. ETCP has initiated an administrative review and recognition process for educational and training programs. ETCP Recognition is for renewal credits only. Approval is granted based on submission of the course curriculum, instructor bios and other materials. Recognition is valid for two years for that specific program only and the fee is $1000.
What are the benefits of having my course ETCP Recognized?
- ETCP Certified Technicians attending your course receive twice as many renewal credits.
- You will gain more exposure for your training program – approved programs are listed on the ETCP website with a dedicated page including logo, contact information and training details.
- Your course will be listed in the quarterly ETCP Certficant newsletter.
- You may use the special ETCP Recognized Training Program logo in marketing materials.
You should apply for Program Recognition if:
- Your organization offers a single course in rigging or electrical that has a set curriculum and/or utilizes a number of instructors to teach the program. Your course may have multiple presentation dates and you may present sessions that are segments of the approved curriculum.
- You are an individual trainer, but not an ETCP Certified Technician.
How do I apply for Program Recognition?
- Complete the ETCP Training Program Recognition Application and the Limited License Agreement.
- Attach a schedule and agenda indicating the program topics and length, including scheduled breaks and meals.
- Include a list of instructors (including biographies, CVs, and/or resumes) involved in the program.
- Include a brief program description that identifies the intended audience and program objectives.
- Return the form, along with the $1000 ($500 for non-profits, documentation required) fee to ETCP, 630 Ninth Avenue, Suite 609, New York, NY 10036.
Can my online course become ETCP Recognized?
Yes. To apply, however, the course must first become ETCP Recognized either as a Program or a Provider. The application above should be submitted to ETCP. Please see the Guidelines for ETCP Recognized Online Training.
As a trainer, can I use the ETCP Practice Examinations?
Your trainers may choose to offer a preview of the practice exams in your training. You may purchase a practice exam for $35 which allows you 30 days of use at www.etcp.org/practiceexams. You are requested to provide ETCP with a licensing fee of $15 per student. You may subtract the $35 purchase fee when you pay the licensing fee.