ETCP Training Provider Recognition recognizes courses that meet specific criteria that the Certificant may count towards certification renewal. ETCP has initiated an administrative review and recognition process for educational and training programs. ETCP Recognition is for renewal credits only. Approval is granted based on submission of course curriculums, instructor bios and other materials. Recognition is valid for two years for all submitted programs and the fee is $2500 (For up to 10 courses).
What are the benefits of becoming an ETCP Recognized Training Provider?
- ETCP Certified Technicians attending your courses receive twice as many renewal credits.
- You will gain more exposure for your training programs – approved programs are listed on the ETCP website with a dedicated page including logo, contact information and training details.
- Your courses will be listed in the quarterly ETCP Certficant newsletter.
- You may use the special ETCP Recognized Training Provider logo in marketing materials.
You should apply for Provider Recognition if:
- Your organization offers a variety of training programs in rigging, electrical or both and utilizes a number of instructors.
- You are an individual trainer that teaches multiple courses, but are not an ETCP Certified Technician.
How do I apply for Program Recognition?
- Complete the ETCP Training Provider Recognition Application and the Limited License Agreement.
- Attach a schedule and agenda indicating the program topics and length, including scheduled breaks and meals for each course.
- Include a list of instructors (including biographies, CVs, and/or resumes) involved in each course.
- Include a brief program description that identifies the intended audience and program objectives for each course.
- Return the form, along with the $2500 ($1250 for non-profits, documentation required) fee to ETCP, 630 Ninth Avenue, Suite 609, New York, NY 10036.
Can my online course become ETCP Recognized?
Yes. To apply, however, the course must first become ETCP Recognized either as a Program or a Provider. The application above should be submitted to ETCP. Please see the Guidelines for ETCP Recognized Online Training.
As a trainer, can I use the ETCP Practice Examinations?
Your trainers may choose to offer a preview of the practice exams in your training. You may purchase a practice exam for $35 which allows you 30 days of use at www.plasa.org/practiceexams. You are requested to provide ETCP with a licensing fee of $15 per student. You may subtract the $35 purchase fee when you pay the licensing fee.