10911 Petal St, Dallas, TX 75238 USA
Todd Kessler, ,
ETCP Recognized Training Program since March 5, 2013
Philips Vari-Lite Warranty Service Training
Vari-Lite offers a comprehensive, five-day training course for its entire product line.
- VLX/VLX3 Wash Luminaires
- VL440/VL770/VL880 Spot Luminaires
- VL550 Wash Luminaires (Tungsten and Arc)
- VL1100 ERS Luminaires (Tungsten and Arc)
- VL2500 Luminaires (Spot and Wash)
- VL3000/VL3015 Luminaires (Spot, Wash, and LT)
- VL3500/VL3515 Luminaires (Spot, Wash, and Wash FX)
Upon successful completion of this class, technicians will be certified to perform Warranty Service on all Vari-Lite Luminaires. An examination is given. The class is extremely hands on. All fixture types will be disassembled to the sub-assembly level. Maintenance and troubleshooting techniques will also be covered. Attendees will receive printed material relating to the service of all fixture types as well as access to the service portion of the Vari-Lite website.
- Must have experience with technical aspects of automated lighting and currently be employed as technician with a Vari-Lite Dealer, Vari-Lite Service Center, or other Vari-Lite user. Request for freelance technicians will be required to further qualify them through either an entry test or through recommendations from a Dealer, Service Center or end user.
- Attendees must be well versed in standard electrical procedures for safety, knowledge of standard electronic test equipment and basic A/C, D/C and digital circuit operation.
Authorized VariLite Dealers and Service Centers - Technician Certification:
Vari-Lite requires that all certified technicians receive factory training at least every two years in order to retain their accreditation. Please view available training class schedule to select a class or contact Todd Kessler for more information.
$500 for the week plus all travel related expenses if booking direct with Vari-Lite. You may also contact your dealer to request training and book it through them.
How to Register for Training:
You may either sign up through your dealer (and pay for the class through them) or follow the link on this page to book direct through Vari-Lite.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE BOOKING THROUGH A DEALER, PLEASE LET THEM KNOW WHICH CLASS YOU WISH TO ATTEND, THEY WILL THEN CONTACT VARI-LITE TO RESERVE THE SPACE.
This price includes all training material, lunch each day and dinner one evening. Vari-Lite will provide all tools and equipment. Attendees need only bring a willingness to learn. All class schedules will be finalized 30 days prior to start of actual class.
Payment is required at time of confirmation. If you cancel (for any reason) at least 14 days prior to start of class, you will receive a full refund. All cancellations within 14 days of the class will receive a 50% refund of the entire cost. No shows will receive NO refund. Confirmations of cancellations will be done in writing. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact Todd Kessler at Vari-Lite.
If you do cancel, we will try and give you priority to re-schedule for a later class. If for any reason we have to cancel a class, you will receive a full refund and be put in a priority list for re-scheduling. You will receive notification in writing.
All training is conducted at Vari-Lite, 10911 Petal Street, Dallas, Texas 75238. You can fly into either DFW International Airport (DFW) or Dallas Love Field (DAL). Both airports are serviced by most major air carriers. We have a corporate rate with a local hotel that provides a shuttle service to and from the Vari-Lite office each day. You will receive an information package after you have confirmed your spot in the class.