I Am An ETCP Certified Technician:
Where Can I Find Training For Renewal Credits?
Participants in professional development training are encouraged to provide general feedback about the trainer or course. Please use the ETCP Course Evaluation Form.
If you have a specific concern about the behaviors and practices of an ETCP Recognized Trainer or Program you may submit a formal complaint. Please use the ETCP Recognized Trainer Complaint Form.
I Want To Have My Training Course(s) Be ETCP Recognized:
Benefits of becoming an ETCP Recognized Trainer and/or teaching an ETCP Recognized Course
- ETCP Certified Technicians will receive twice as many renewal credits, making your course
- You’ll gain more exposure: approved trainers are listed on the website with contact information. Programs and providers are listed on the ETCP website with a dedicated page including logo, contact information, and training details
- Courses submitted to ETCP will be listed in The ETCP Certifiable News, our quarterly newsletter.
ETCP Recognized Online Courses
ETCP Recognized Programs and Providers may apply to have their online courses recognized. If you are interested in providing online training, please see Guidelines for ETCP Recognized Online Training.
Instructors may offer a preview of the practice exams during their training. For $40, you may purchase a Practice Exam, which will be available for 30 days. We request that you provide a licensing fee of $15 per student and you may subtract the $40 purchase fee from your total.
ETCP Trainer Recognition recognizes experienced instructors that meet specific criteria. ETCP Recognition is for renewal credits only.
You should apply to become an ETCP Recognized Trainer if:
- You are an experienced trainer who is ETCP Certified.
- You teach courses to a variety of audiences and adjust your curriculum to suit different audiences.
Note: If your training is conducted solely as in-house training for an individual company, you will need to apply for Training Program or Training Provider Recognition.
How much does it cost?
- There is a one-time fee of $250, and Recognized status is subject to review by the ETCP Disciplinary Committee should there be a valid complaint.
How do I apply to become an ETCP Recognized Trainer?
|Training Program or Provider Recognition
ETCP Training Program or Provider Recognition recognizes courses that meet specific criteria that the Certificant may count towards certification renewal. ETCP has initiated an administrative review and recognition process for educational and training programs. ETCP Recognition is for renewal credits only.
You should apply for Program or Provider Recognition if:
- Your organization offers a variety of training programs in rigging, electrical, and/or portable power distribution.
- Your courses utilize a number of instructors.
- Your courses may have multiple presentation dates and you may present sessions that are segments of the approved curriculum.
- You are an individual trainer, but not an ETCP Certified Technician.
How much does it cost?
- ETCP Training Program Recognition is valid for two years for one course and the fee is $1000 ($500 for non-profits - documentation required).
- ETCP Training Provider Recognition is valid for two years for up to 10 courses and the fee is $2500 ($1250 for non-profits - documentation required).
How do I apply for Program Recognition?
- To have one course recognized, complete the ETCP Training Program Recognition Application and the Limited License Agreement or for up to 10 courses, complete the ETCP Training Provider Recognition Application and the Limited License Agreement.
- Attach a schedule and course outline indicating the program topics and length, including scheduled breaks and meals.
- Include a list of instructors (including biographies, CVs, and/or resumes) involved in the program.
- Include a brief program description that identifies the intended audience and program objectives.
- Return the form, along with the fee and any necessary documentation (checks should be made out to ESTA) to:
ETCP, 630 Ninth Avenue, Suite 609, New York, NY 10036.
Tools For Trainers
Electrical Training Programs
Rigging Training Programs
Portable Power Distribution Trainers