The Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP) has united an unprecedented group of industry organizations, businesses, and subject matter experts to craft a program of rigorous assessments for professional technicians. Because we’re focused on the health and safety of crews, performers, and audiences, we certify the following technicians: Arena Riggers, Theatre Riggers, Entertainment Electricians, and Portable Power Distribution Technicians.
Personnel certification is the voluntary process by which a nongovernmental organization grants recognition to an individual who has demonstrated mastery in a discipline. ETCP is responsible for:
- Creating exams based on identified bodies of knowledge
- Conducting said exams
- Awarding certifications
- Managing certification renewal
ETCP is a program of ESTA.
The following organizations maintain seats on the ETCP Council:
- Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP)
- Canadian Institute for Theatre Technologe (CITT)
- InfoComm International
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE)
- International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM)
- The League of American Theatres and Producers
- Themed Entertainment Association (TEA)
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT)
ETCP Certification Council membership also includes
the following entertainment business leaders:
- Cirque du Soleil
- Disney Theatrical Productions
- Live Nation
- NBC Universal
||In 2015, ETCP celebrated its 10th Anniversary!
To view the anniversary edition of Protocol magazine, please click here.
ETCP Mission Statement
We endeavor to develop a Personnel Certification Program to the highest standards that recognizes individuals who have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities in specific entertainment technology disciplines. By providing a thorough, independent assessment of aptitude, ETCP strives to enhance safety, improve performance, stimulate training, reduce workplace risk, and give due recognition to the professional skills of entertainment technicians.
> About ETCP
Code of Ethics