ETCP Updates Regarding COVID-19
ETCP Certified Technicians' Skills Deemed Crucial
in Emergency Field Hospitals
As COVID-19 impacts almost every aspect of the entertainment industry, ETCP Certified Technicians, with support of the IATSE (The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees), are stepping up to put their expertise and available equipment to good use. Read more... (PDF)
Essential Personnel Sign-Up Form
PSI Update Regarding COVID-19
Certificants of the Entertainment Technician Certification Program have been designated as Essential Personnel, and PSI has opened a limited number of centers to serve those credentialing programs that have been classified as such.
Can Candidates Apply?
Yes! ETCP is accepting applications from eligible riggers, entertainment electrician and portable power distribution technicians, and the ETCP Council is currently waiving the who are accepted will be processed as quickly as possible.
Certificants of the Entertainment Technician Certification Program have been deemed Essential Personnel. As such, PSI has opened a limited number of testing centers to serve credentialing programs that qualify for this status.
Will I Be Able to Test?
Yes! PSI has been guided by the government to determine cities hit hardest by the COVID-19. The following PSI-owned centers are open now, while many third-party test partners practice closures as required by federal, state or local mandates some locations are open in the US and Canada as federal, state and local mandates allow. The following centers are available for testing now:
- Alabama: Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile & Montgomery
- Arkansas: Fayetteville, Little Rock, N. Little Rock
- Arizona: Phoenix, Tempe, Tucson
- California: Agoura Hills, Atascadero, Carson, Lawndale, Redding, Riverside (Mission Grove), Sacramento, Santa Clara, Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Union City, Ventura, Visalia
- Colorado: Denver (Centennial), Ft. Collins
- Florida: Jacksonville
- Hawaii: Honolulu (Ala Moana)
- llinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Indianapolis
- Louisiana: Shreveport, Metarie
- Maryland: Lord Baltimore
- Minnesota: Duluth, Moorehead, Edina, Woodbury
- North Carolina: Winston-Salem
- Nevada: Las Vegas
- New Jersey: Brick
- New Mexico: Albuquerque, Santa Fe
- New York: The Bronx, Queens, Staten Island
- North Dakota: Bismark
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City, Tulsa
- Pennsylvania: Allentown, Cranberry Township, Greensburg, Harrisburg, King of Prussia, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
- South Carolina: Columbia
- Tennessee: Memphis, Nashville
- Texas: Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, McAllen, San Antonio
- Virginia: Vienna, Virginia Beach
- Washington: Seattle
- Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna
- British Columbia: Abbotsford, Castlegar, Nelson, Price George, Trail, Vancouver
- Halifax: Nova Scotia: Halifax
- Manitoba: Winnipeg
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. John’s
- Nova Scotia: St. John’s
- Ontario: Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Montreal, Oakville, Ottawa, Pickering, Toronto, Scarborough, Sudbury, Vaughan, Victoria, Windsor
- Saskatchewan: Moose Jaw, Regina, Saskatoon
PSI expects the other centers to open shortly, but again, appointments will be prioritized by those with Essential Personnel Status – This includes ETCP Certified Technicians. The remainder of the testing centers are projected to open anywhere from now until-June 2, 2020, and a list of projected openings for non-essential centers can be found here.
Is the Testing Center Safe?
Yes! PSI testing centers have a strict policy on the use of facemasks and gloves based on recommendations of the CDC:
- Candidates will be required to provide their own facemasks and gloves. These will not be provided by PSI.
- Facemasks will need to be removed during check-in process to verify identify and take photo taking social distancing into consideration.
- Candidates are responsible for disposing of used facemasks and gloves securely outside of the test center.
Message from PSI CEO, Stephen Tapp,“Caring for our community compels us to do our best to protect the health and safety of our candidates, clients, employees, and local communities, and with the ongoing spread of COVID-19, PSI is continually adapting its operations and procedures to do its part to reduce the spread of this virus. We have halted business travel, asked employees to work from home when possible.”
Candidates should contact Candidate Support Services if they need to reschedule an exam due to illness, flu like symptoms, or instructions to self-quarantine by their local health authority. If a candidate arrives at a testing center exhibiting flu-like symptoms, the candidate will be denied admission to the test center and may be required to reschedule. We are monitoring Test Center Capacity so we can increase availability once COVID19 has been contained.
Site Procedures and Cleaning
Test Center Administrators (proctors) have always cleaned candidate workstations, keyboards,
and mice between use by all candidates. Currently, we are expanding our cleaning and disinfecting program. We have also set heightened expectations for hygienic practices within the testing centers and we are implementing additional QA audits to ensure the application of these new procedures. Additionally, PSI sites will provide and distribute antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer to help ensure candidates have a safe and healthy experience.
Test Center Administrators and PSI employees have also been instructed to stay home if they are exhibiting flu like symptoms. If they are sick with a fever, they will immediately be sent home and advised to seek medical attention by a doctor.
Closed test centers in affected areas will continue to be tracked and updated on our website. This information is updated Monday through Friday at 12 pm PDT.
When Will I Have My Results?
Any candidate testing at a center will receive their results immediately. ETCP receives your results on the 1st and the 15th, and shortly after you will receive the following if you pass:
- A digital copy of your certificate.
- A digital copy of your Recertification Confirmation, which serves as your receipt
- An online listing on our website. This is free promotion! Once certified, technicians should visit the ETCP Information Portal and add contact information, work preferences, union affiliations, their website, and a brief bio. Certificants must also upload a photo here for their photo ID, which will be printed as soon as we are able to do so.
Because the ETCP staff is working remotely, we cannot ship IDs and/or packets with hard copies of your certificates and IDs. We are keeping close track of those of you who were certified during this window, so we can send these items out as soon as we are able.
If you are looking for updates regarding recertification,
please click here.
Other COVID-19 Resources & Links
ABOUT GETTING CERTIFIED
General Testing Info
Computer Testing Centers
Computer Testing Video
Paper & Pencil Exams
Test Taking Tips
Scope of Work
PORTABLE POWER DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN
Scope of Work
ARENA / THEATRE
Exam Content: Arena
Exam Content: Theatre